ABOUTOFFICE OF DIASPORA AFFAIRS
PURPOSE & OVERVIEW
The Office of Diaspora Affairs will:
- Cater to the needs of the diaspora by providing them with consular services, protection and conduct outreach activities to engage with them
- Create an institutional mechanism in Grenada to advise on and implement Government’s policy with respect to the Diaspora
- Ensure that a system is put in place to ensure accountability and transparency in operations in order to accomplish the goals and vision
- Co-ordinate the work of diaspora organizations
- Encourage and foster the participation of Grenadians overseas in all aspects of national development
- Create policies to encourage the diaspora to contribute to Grenada’s growth through philanthropy, knowledge transfers, investments in innovation and assistance in other development projects
- Facilitate the smooth relocation of nationals back to Grenada, Carriacou or Petite Martinique.
- Assist in preserving the rights and interests of Diaspora members in their host countries.
- Strengthen relationship between Grenada and its Diaspora community by recognizing and celebrating its success and achievements.
To be the premier institution for the engagement and empowerment of the Grenadian diaspora by promoting policies, programs, and projects for the strengthening of the community of Grenadians overseas while contributing to the national development of Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique.
The Office of Diaspora affairs envisions a community of well-respected and proudly competitive Grenadians abroad who contribute significantly to the productivity and well-being of the countries where they reside or work while maintaining strong political, economic and cultural ties with Grenada.
- To encourage and motivate the Grenadian Diaspora to become Ambassadors for Grenada in their country of residence
- To encourage and facilitate the growth of partnerships between the Diaspora and homeland through the creation of attractive incentives that would encourage them to re discover Grenada and thereby use their talents/ skills, experience and resources to contribute to national development.